Thank you for providing financial support for storm victims by donating to the Bishop’s Discretionary Fund and to the many volunteers that have assisted with the following:
- Arkansas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (ARVOAD) “One Stop Shops” (Vilonia and Mayflower Wal-Mart gift card distribution).
- Walk-about Teams: Distribution of Wal-Mart gift cards to storm victims.
- Rice Depot food collections.
- Disaster relief kits (assembled/distributed).
- Debris removal and clean-up.
- Collection of pet food.
Your generosity has made a difference.
A special thanks goes to Jerry Hodge. Jerry donated 4 sets of Episcopal Church magnetic signage for vehicles. Jaman Matthews designed the signage (the Episcopal Church Disaster Relief Team).
The next ARVOAD “One Stop Shop” will be held on Friday, June 6, at the Assembly of God Church – 851 Main Street in Vilonia. The hours will be 12–8 p.m. AR-EDRT will provide gift cards to storm victim families. For those that would like more information on ARVOAD and its members, visit the website.
At this time, we are moving forward to work on Long Term Recovery (unmet needs) and will provide more information when available.
Team Rubicon is leaving Faulkner County on May 31 and will be replaced by Arkansas Dream Center. Debris removal trucks pick up regularly. However, with fewer volunteers, it is difficult for residents to move the debris to the road for pick up. Starting Monday, church teams can call Drew Davis of the Arkansas Dream Center at 501-232-0630 for assignments. The need is growing for groups to volunteer! For those volunteering, the following information will be helpful.
Roadside Debris Pick-Up
Residents opting for roadside pick-up must separate debris into six (6) categories:
- Vegetative debris (tree limbs, shrubs, etc)
- Construction/Demolition debris
- White goods (appliances, etc)
- E-goods (tv’s, electronics)
- Household hazardous (cleaning solutions, automotive chemicals, etc)
- Normal household garbage
Thanks again for your support!
Disaster Relief Coordination Team
Ginger Bankston Bailey
The Rev. Lorrie Slaymaker