“How we help hurting people lead lives with dignity is now at the forefront of the work we do.”
A Note from Bishop Benfield
Your Gift Helps Hurting People
The Bishop’s Fund
Assisting organizations that do God’s work.
The Episcopal Church in Arkansas has committed itself during this pandemic to helping people in need lead lives with dignity. In my office, that help often takes place through grants from the Bishop’s Fund, and I am asking you to continue to participate in this important work.
Already this year, the Bishop’s Fund has given more than $30,000 in support of
congregations, ministries, organizations, and individuals, including the following:
- Feeding programs and food banks within our congregations.
- Housing programs overseen by our congregations for people who have no place to live and need a new start in life.
- Individual assistance to help with expenses for out-of-work or underemployed people.
- Development work across the diocese, which has continued even during the pandemic.
- Organizations beyond the Episcopal Church that do work to improve people’s lives, such as the Arkansas Food Bank.
I hope you are getting a sense of the important work that the Bishop’s Fund does and will continue to do in the coming months. Your support has made, and will continue to make, this work possible. Please join me in donating so that the church can expand its work as our communities begin to recover from the pandemic.
You may donate online or by sending a check made payable to the Diocese of Arkansas, noted for the Bishop’s Fund, to the following address:
Diocese of Arkansas
P.O. Box 164668
Little Rock, AR 72216.
All gifts are tax deductible.
With every best wish, I remain faithfully yours.